Saturday, June 18, 2011

#420 With the Beatles - The Beatles

People who tell you that they don't like the beatles are either liars or attention whores.  I, like 100% of the population, love the beatles but have never heard this album start to finish before.  WARNING-- this is not a good album to listen to hungover.  I made that mistake this morning, and now I am typing in silence and "Roll Over Beethoven" is no longer pounding in beat with my headache.  It was much more fun yesterday afternoon, when I danced around my house pretending to hold a mic-- a scene I will of course spare you a youtube video of.

Awesome short facts and blurbs about album:


The Rollingstone Mag/website- The album cover photo is the same as their U.S. debut, Meet the Beatles!, but in the U.K. this was the Beatles' second album. It celebrates Motown with rocked-up versions of the Miracles' "You've Really Got a Hold on Me," the Marvelettes' "Please Mr. Postman" and Barrett Strong's "Money."


This album was released in 1963, after "Please, Please, Me."

It's good enough to give you Beatlemania but not one of their better albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment